350 Australia is tracking the fossil fuel lobby and its attempts to use the Covid-19 health crisis to its advantage.
Updates for 6 – 12 June:
- Five of the six members of the Government’s handpicked National Covid-19 Coordination Commission have refused to release their declarations of interest provided to the Government. Only Greg Combet AM agreed.
- The Queensland Resources Council (QRC) called on the Queensland Government to freeze all resource royalties for the next decade.
- The NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment has recommended approval for the controversial Narrabri gas project, following three years of assessment. Final approval from the NSW Government is now due within 12 weeks.
- The Queensland Government announced another 1500 square kilometres of south-west Queensland “gas country” in the Surat and Bowen Basins are to be opened up to gas exploration from June 18th.
- BHP has announced it will suspend and review the destruction of 40 sites sacred to the Banjima people in the Pilbara following the outrage over Rio Tinto’s destruction of the Juuken Gorge.
Contact for further background and media comment:
CEO, 350 Australia
0417 387 516